STUDENT SUPPORT SYSTEM
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology has a well-integrated student support system in place to help & assist student during his/her course in SMIT.
1. Teacher Guardian – First point of contact for any issues faced by the student.
2. Student Council – Any problems faced by the student community.
3. Chief Warden & Wardens - Issues pertaining to hostel accommodation and related matters.
4. Chief Warden & MIS – Issues related with Mess/Canteen.
5. Manager Administration – Issues related with Security, Transport and Guest house accommodation.
6. Associate Director (Acadamics) & HOD’s – Issues related with academics including various types of examinations.
7. Librarian – Any issues related with the library.
8. T&P Cell – Provides detailed information about placement opportunities and conducts pre-placement training
9. SMIT Clinic – Provides medical help and checkup round the clock.
10. DVIOS – Wi-Fi related matters.
11. Associate Director (SA) – Overall in-charge of all student affairs.
12. Associate Director (Acadamics) and Committee – Award of financial help from student benevolent fund to student facing financial crisis.
13. Grievance Committee – Students can repeal against the punishment given for acts of Indiscipline.
Director, SMIT is Overall-In-Charge and students can approach him with their problems if it is not being solved.