The Bachelor of Computer Application program at The Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology is aimed at overall development of the students to help them opt for higher studies and contribute to the expanding universe of Computer Science & Information Technology. A recent addition to this program is a specialization in Cloud Technology and Information Security.
Program Outcome (PO)
- Students to have knowledge and expertise in at least one procedure-oriented and object-oriented programming language.
- Students to have a wide perspective on software development including web based applications as well as graphic applications.
- Students to have the familiarity with Desktop Publishing system.
- Students to have the ability to design and implement optimal databases using current technologies.
- Students to have understanding of design and working principles of the digital electronics.
- Students will be able to design and analyze algorithms as per need by relating the data structure and algorithms.
- Students will be able to identify and describe the communication networks technologies in local area networks and the Internet and countermeasures for security threats.
- Students will be aware of the design principles of Operating Systems specializing on at least one popular Operating System.
- Students will have understanding of various legislative acts and articles related to information technologies and international initiative in the field of IT laws.
- Students will be able to solve simple computational problems involving mathematical structures and processes.
- Students will have the concepts regarding the architecture and organization of a computer system.
- Development of good communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Students will understand contemporary issues and provide engineering solutions for solving social problems.
- Students will acquire skills and ability for life-long learning.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
- Computer application graduates will apply their knowledge and skills to succeed in their career/ professional development and/or postgraduate education to pursue flexible career paths amidst future technological changes.
- Our graduates will apply basic principles and practices of computing grounded in mathematics and science to successfully complete hardware and/or software related engineering projects to meet customer business objectives and/or productively engage in research.
- Our graduates will demonstrate a sense of societal and ethical responsibility in their professional endeavors, and will remain informed and involved as full participants in our profession and our society.
- Our graduates will demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Our graduates will demonstrate strong bonding in team and display distinct leadership traits.
- Our graduates will be prepared for civil service as well as public service examination.
Course Outcome, Program Outcome and Syllabus
- Application Programmer
- Software Developer
- System Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Executive
- Malware Analyst
- Data Centre Technician
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Manager–Anti-Virus Development
- Data Centre Manager