To establish SMIT as a hub for career opportunities in the Country.
To provide students with necessary training in order to enhance their employability and support them with best possible career opportunities which ultimately assist in professional growth where they are able to utilize their knowledge and make significant contribution to the society.
- Design & organize training programs for the students on trending topics and employability skills.
- Identify prospective recruiter, build association and maintain continuous relation with corporate houses.
- Explore possibilities for Industry driven training sessions / Industry driven laboratory for the students of SMIT.
- Ultimate goal is to facilitate the rating of SMIT which is located in North East India as one among the best performing Institutes of higher learning in the country in terms of career opportunities.
Training & Placement (T&P) Department is the hub of all possible interaction between the corporate, industries, Academic/ Research Institutions and others with Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT) with the aim of assisting in placements for all eligible students of passing out batches through campus placement.T&P also arranges pre-placement training for the students with the assistance of reputed training agencies. Apart from arranging campus placement the department has also been organizing highly successful Industry-Academia Interaction meets which act as a spring board to be current and relevant to the industry needs.
Our curriculum has been uniquely designed so that the students spend quality time in the industry. The UG students spend 4 – 6 months in their final semester while the PG students spend 10 – 12 months in their second year with the industry, to gain valuable exposure. Students get to work in their area of their interest and improve their industry readiness and core-competence. This concept has been well appreciated by industries who have regularly selected our students for internship. With the learning skills, our students have regularly converted their internship only offers into full-time offers. The industries also gain by improving their profile amongst the student community and also get to on-board the placed students, early. Our institute is one of the very few to follow the practice school concept.
CAPABILITY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM
Every year Training and Placement conducts capability enhancement program for the students of final semester in various courses. This program includes guidance for competitive examinations, career guidance & soft skill development.
TRAINING AND PLACEMENTS FACILITIES
- Video Conferencing facility
- Seminar Hall
- Conference room
- Lounge for Group Discussion
- Panel Rooms for conducting interviews
- Serene surrounding and closeness to nature makes it an ideal place for learning.
- Tailor made curriculum to suite industry requirements thus making the students Industry ready.
- Industry Experts in Board of Studies to keep track with the change in technology and reflection of the same in the syllabus.
- One Full Semester allotted for Industrial Internship & Training
- Well stocked library containing over 58,816 books and state of the art laboratories.
- Active participation in Research & Development activities with support from leading agencies AICTE, DST, DBT, DeitY, DRDO, SERB, ISRO and SMU.
- Over 3000 students across the country providing a cosmopolitan culture.
- MHRD, National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) has given SMU 101-150 (Rank Band) under the University category (2022) and 151-200 under Overall Category (2022). SMIT has been given 201-250 (Rank Band) under the Engineering category.
- The Competition Success Review has ranked SMIT 5th in Top Engineering Colleges of Eminence category and ranked 13th by Placement, USP, Social Responsibility, Networking & Industry Interference in its 2022 survey.
- India Today Ranking has ranked SMIT 2nd on Top Private Colleges (East Zone), 22nd on Best Engineering Private College Overall and 6th Top 10 Emerging Private Colleges for the year 2022.
- Sikkim Manipal University (SMIT as its one of the Constituent Institutes) has been accredited with the prestigious Grade of NAAC A+.
- The Departments of CSE & IT of SMIT are accredited by NBA (National Board of Accreditation).
- SMIT has State-of-the Art Laboratories to promote Academics and Research in Remote Sensing/GIS, Data Mining, Data Analytics & Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Robotics, 4G/5G Technology, VLSI and Embedded System, Signal Processing, Machine and Deep Learning, Functionalized Graphene and Solar Cell, String Theory, etc.
- Supercomputing facility – High Performance Computing facility “PARAM SHAVAK” in collaboration with C-DAC, Pune
Click here to view Courses offered at SMIT