Department of Civil Engineering at SMIT was established in 2009 and offers Bachelor of Technology (BTech). The Department has well established state-of-the-art, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Survey, Geology, and Environment & Fluid Mechanics Laboratories. Students of the Department are being exposed to the latest advancements in design & construction technologies with sufficient field exposures.
Department offers minor specilizations in:
- Natural Hazard and Disaster Management
- Earthquake Resistant Structures
The Department is equipped with its own laboratories with modern facilities and own Departmental Library.
Laboratories with Departments are
- Computer Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Geology Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Material Testing Lab
- Highly sophisticated laboratories in the institute with cutting edge technology
- 14 highly experienced and qualified faculty members having Doctorate and Post Graduate degree from prestigious institutions
- Curriculam designed to equip the students to be industry ready.
- Regular workshop with Industry professionals for recent Structural and Design software like Staad-Pro, AutoCad, ETab etc.
- Skill development training program for the pre-final year students in collaboration with Micropro, Kolkata.
- Structural Design
- Ground Water Engineering
- Natural Hazards
- Traffic Survey
- Sediment Transport and Scouring
Click here to view the list of department equipments