To produce technically efficient engineering graduates with human values and professional ethics capable of performing in rapidly changing fields of electrical and electronics engineering by providing outcome based education and research.
To develop Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department into a department of excellence, capable of producing competent Electrical and Electronics Engineers who can contribute to the advancement of the society.
The department is dedicated to endow students with the knowledge, technical skills, and values that prepare them to excel as engineers and leaders in their profession.
The department is also committed to induce spark in students for life-long learning and to become good citizens.
To create Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduates required as manpower in the industry, research organization, educational institutions, and government organizations.
To provide required infrastructure in the electrical and electronics engineering skills developments, in the form of adequate class rooms, well equipped laboratory and research facilities.
To teach the students with outcome based education and train them with advanced teaching methodology to make them sound electrical engineers with high level of ethical values.
|Program Educational Objectives (B. Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering)|
|Program Educational Objectives (M. Tech in Power Electronics)|
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at SMIT was established in 1997 with a motive to develop skilled engineers to meet industry needs and hence develop responsible citizens for our country and society.
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering consist of faculty members who have done their UG and PG degrees from the top-notch universities. The faculty members of this department are consistently doing well in teaching and research.
Department offers B.Tech. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering), M.Tech. (Power Electronics) and Ph.D. in Engineering. Both B.Tech. and M.Tech. programmes attract the brightest students of the country and abroad every year.
Placement record of the department has always been impressive. Students get job from the campus placement and many of them are getting it in core companies every year. Students undergo engineering projects/ internships during their B.Tech. and M.Tech. course. Department has state-of-the art laboratories in almost all the areas of Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. Department has the latest simulation tools to cater to various specializations and is equipped with facilities for measurement, characterization and synthesis of experimental as well as theoretical results.
In B.Tech. department also offers minor specialization in
- Electric Drive Vehicle Engineering
- Power and Energy System
- One of the first departments to be established.
- A suitable blend of having faculty drawn from industry and academician to train the students for making them industry ready.
- State of the art laboratories to provide hands on training.
- Curriculum is designed to facilitate students to join core industries/ software/ research/academic fields.
- Good placement records both in core/ software sectors.
- Power System
- Smart Grid
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Electrical Vehicle
- Non Linear Dynamics
- Microcontroller, PLC, SCADA
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Non-linear dynamics in Power Converters and its application in secure communication.
- Analysis of performances of electric motor for electric vehicle application– Electromagnetic field model, analytical model, and finite element analysis.
- Planning and operation for power distribution system.
- Electric Vehicle
Click here to view the list of department equipments