To establish the department as the centre for innovation and excellence.
To produce technically competent graduates with a flair for research and entrepreneurship.
B. Tech PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Established in the year 1997, the Department of Mechanical Engineering has traversed the path of knowledge dissemination and generation. The department feels proud about producing over 1400 Mechanical Engineering graduates to serve the Nation. Over these glorious years of its journey, it has carved a niche for itself in the key areas of teaching, research, administration and community services. The Department of Mechanical Engineering gives priority to update the Mechanical Engineering education, primarily driven by the dynamics of technological advances and sustainable development and the curriculum is revised on a continuous basis with active involvement of industry, alumni, research organizations and other stakeholders.
|B.Tech Minor Specialization|
|Automotive Engineering||Robotics & Automation||Machine Design|
- Highly developed Infrastructure
- Well-equipped Laboratories with latest Research facilities
- Highly qualified and dedicated faculty.
- State–of-art Machines for experimentation.
- Strong R&D activities in the department.
- Exposure to live industrial projects.
- Adequate volumes of Textbooks, journals and periodicals in Departmental Library.
- Faculty to student ratio is 1:20
- Student’s Society (MEDUSA) for all round development of the student.
- Machine Design
- Fluid Mechanics
- Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Nonconventional Machining
- Processes, Micromachining
- Applied Soft Computing
- Operations Management
- Energy Planning & Management
- Rural Energy, Rural Technology
- Composite material
LIST OF AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
- Department of Mechanical Engineering organized the “International Conference on Mechanical, Materials and Renewable Energy” from 8th December to 10th December 2017 at the Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology.
- Second International Conference organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, “International Conference on Mechanical, Materials and Renewable Energy” during 6th December to 7th December 2019 at the Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology.
- National workshop on the topic "Recent advancement of renewable Energy and Material Science" (RAREMS 2019) organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering on 8th December 2019 at the Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology.
- Mr. Soham Das from the dept. of Mechanical engineering, received the best paper award for the paper titled “Microstructural and Bonding structure analysis of TiAlN thin films deposited with varying N2 flow rate via ion beam sputtering (IBS) technique” in MSRC-2018, organized by Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology during 15th- 16th, March 2018.
Click here for the placement details - 2019