The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers three different courses namely; Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering, Master of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering and PhD. With the AICTE sanctioned intake of 180 for Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering and 18 for Master of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering course the Department of Computer Science and Engineering is home to over 600 students.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSO)
- Computer Science Engineering graduates will apply their knowledge and skills to succeed in their career/ professional development and/or postgraduate education to pursue flexible career paths amidst future technological changes.
- Computer Science Engineering graduates will make valuable technical contributions to design, development, and production in their practice of computer science and computer engineering, in related engineering or application areas, and at the interface of computers and physical systems.
- Our B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering graduates will apply basic principles and practices of computing grounded in mathematics and science to successfully complete hardware and/or software related engineering projects to meet customer business objectives and/or productively engage in research.
- Our B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering graduates will demonstrate a sense of societal and ethical responsibility in their professional endeavors, and will remain informed and involved as full participants in our profession and our society.
- Our B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering graduates will demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Our B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering graduates will demonstrate strong bonding in team and display distinct leadership traits.
PROGRAM OUTCOME (PO)
Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Click Here for B.Tech CSE syllabus.
Click Here for B.Tech CSE syllabus 2018.
Click here for Human Values & Professional Ethics Syllabus.
The rigorous training that the students undergo makes them worthy professionals with mental agility and technical skill sets sought after by the IT Industry. No wonder, the students of Computer Science and Engineering bag the most number of on-campus placement offers and our glittering alumni are working with organizations like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, Dell, IBM, ANZ, JP Morgan Chase, CISCO, eBay, American Express to name a few.
- Passed (10+2) or equivalent with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry or Computer Science or Biotechnology or Biology, as one of the optional subjects. They must have secured a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC) marks in aggregate in these subjects to be considered for selection.
- Candidate with a diploma in the appropriate branch of engineering awarded by a State Board of Technical Education, and with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC) in aggregate in diploma is also eligible for admission to B Tech Curriculum.
a) General Category, Defence, North East, Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) and Paramilitary Force Categories:
- The candidates will have to appear for the JEE to be conducted by the CBSE.
- Cut-off JEE Main Score in All India JEE applicable to all reserved categories will be displayed on our website www.smu.edu.in.
b) Sikkim Category:
- Candidates should apply to the Director, Technical Education, HRDD and Government of Sikkim. They should appear in the entrance test conducted by the Government, the details of which will be notified by the Director, HRDD, Technical Education.
c) MET Category:
- Manipal Entrance Test (MET) conducted by MAHE (Manipal Academy of Higher Education)
d) SMIT Offline Test:
- Candidates seeking admission under this category will have to appear for offline written test conducted at various centres by SMU.