The M.Tech program in Power Electronics caters to the increasing academic and industry needs in power electronics applications.
- A wide range of elective subjects in power electronics and energy conversion technologies.
- The curriculum based on a credit scheme is updated periodically to reflect changes in the modernizing of technologies in consultation with experts from industries and renowned academic institutions. Some innovative practices are included in the curriculum like practice school, mini projects associated with lab and theory courses, continuous evaluation, relative grading, etc.
- The department has links with industry and a well-connected alumni network. Facilities include well equipped laboratories, including Power Electronics & Drives Lab, Control System Lab, Electrical Machinery Lab, Programming Lab, and Departmental Library.
- Regular visits to different organizations.
- Guest lectures by experts.
- Students are encouraged to present and publish their project work in reputed national / international conferences/ journals.
Engineering Post Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of power electronics fundamentals to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex switching issues reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for new switching problems and design system components or processes that meet the solution of modern day electric drives.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate switching techniques, resources, and modern power electronics devices and apply those devices in different engineering problems.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome
- Solve and analyze the switching scheme required for different problems in the field of power electronics and multidisciplinary fields.
- Ability to operate, program and simulate, calibrate and verify the prototypes of various electrical machines, control system, signal level electronic circuits, power electronics converters, power system equipment, microprocessor and microcontroller in the laboratory.
- Ability to analyze and design control panel of power distribution network and economize the power system using FACTS devices.
- To operate and control various electrical machines like transformers, d.c. and ac machines, special electrical motors using the knowledge of power electronics based converters and electric drives.
- To formulate a mathematical model of an electrical system to analyze it to determine its stability, controllability, observability etc.
Programme Educational Objective
- To produce technically competent engineers with human values, who can solve practical problems.
- To possess fundamental and in-depth knowledge of power electronics, drives and other areas of electrical & electronics engineering.
Course Outcome, Program Outcome and Syllabus
- Click Here for M.Tech Power Electronics Course Outcome.
- Click Here for M.Tech Power Electronics Program Outcome.
- Click Here for M.Tech Power Electronics Syllabus.