The University’s vision is to be a global leader in Human Development, Excellence in Education and Healthcare. Through its mission, the University has embarked on a journey to supplement the nation’s developmental goals in providing high quality education, affordable and quality healthcare services to the masses while developing professionals of excellent technical calibre with a humane approach capable of shouldering the responsibility of building a nation.
- To achieve eminence in the field of quality, technological, education and research.
- To develop SMIT into an institute of excellence capable of producing competent techno-managers who can contribute effectively to the advancement of the society.
- To support, promote and undertake the advancement of academics.
- To promote use of ICT and modern education technologies.
- To encourage research, creation and dissemination of knowledge.
- To facilitate extension and community service.
- To empower people of Sikkim and contribute to human development in North East.
- To create environmental and social responsibilities among students and employees.
- To ensure steady growth of the University.