Courses offered at SIKKIM MANIPAL COLLEGE OF NURSING
Admission will be based on the eligibility criteria. Eligible candidate can take direct admission with required documents & payment of fees.
Candidate can dispatch completed application form along with the copies of necessary documents to the Admission Officer at the following address. However, the admission of the candidate will depend on the availability of seats at the time of enrollment.Candidates appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
BSc. Nursing Programme (4 year duration)
- Minimum education:Candidate must have passed in 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology& English with minimum aggregate of 45% marks in PCBE & pass in each subject from recognized board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the current year
- Candidate shall be medically fit.
MSc. Nursing Programme (2 year duration)
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic BSc. Nursing with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be given.
- The candidate should have undergone BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic BSc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- BSc. Nursing graduate should have minimum one year of experience in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council on the day of admission.
- Post Basic BSc. Nursing graduate should have minimum one year of work experience prior or after in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council on the day of admission.
- The candidate registered as “Registered Nurse” (& not Midwife) will not be eligible for specialization in “Obstetrics & Gynaecology Nursing”.
- Candidate shall be medically fit. The candidate, selected for admission in MSc. Nursing course shall have to submit a medical fitness certificate froma physician during the admission.
- Candidates who have obtained degree qualification of distance mode will submit NOC from INC during admission.
- The following criteria will be applied to foreign students seeking admission to MSc. Nursing course:
9.1 Equivalency of the degree of the candidate is to be recognized/ validated by Indian Nursing Council
9.2 The candidates must have no objection certificates from the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India and Ministry of Health & FamilyWelfare, Govt. of India.
NOTE: Only female candidates are eligible for admission. Staying in hostel is mandatory.