Awards and Achievements – Faculty Members
- Dr. B. Khandelwal, Department of Medicine was awarded “Fellowship in recognition and appreciation for the outstanding contribution towards the Association of Physician of Indian” on 23rd February 2018 by Indian College of Physicians at APICON 2018 Bengaluru
- Dr. Phuchungla Bhutia , Department of General Surgery was awarded “Fellowship in advanced laparoscopic Surgery” on 10 Feb 2018 by Indian association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons.
- Dr Hafizur Rahman, Department of OBG has been awarded FOGSI Future Award at East Zone Yuva FOGSI on 25th November 2017 at Guwahati.
- Dr Shijo Jhon Joseph, Department of Psychiatry has been awarded SIDDHARTHA MEMORIAL AWARD from the President of Indian Psychiatry Society during CEZIPS 2017 at SMIMS, Gangtok.
- Dr. Apoorva Upadhyay , Department of Psychiatry won 1st Prize on Poster Presentation, during CEZIPS 2017 (14-16 October 2017) at SMIMS, Gangtok.
- Dr. Vatsala Sharma, Department of Psychiatry won 2nd Prize on Poster Presentation during CEZIPS 2017 (14-16 October 2017) at SMIMS, Gangtok.
- Mr. Akash Kumar Bhoi, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, SMIT, has been selected for Summer Fellowship under Focus Area Science Technology (FAST) in Indian Institute of Engineering, Science and Technology, Kolkata.
- Dr. Sonam Choden Bhutia, Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, SMIMS, Awarded as 2nd prize @ North East Health Care Summit 2017 from 8th -9th September 2017,Gangtok ,Sikkim. Title: Evaluation of Vitamin D status in Patients attending a tertiary care hospital, East Sikkim.
- Rinchen D Bhutia , Lecturer, Department of Biochemistry, SMIMS awarded 2nd Prize for poster titled Oxidative Stress in metabolic syndrome and the DNA strand break at the Manipal Research Colloquium held at Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka
- Atal Incubation Center: SMIT has also been selected as one of the institutes for setting Atal Incubation center. A proposal for Rs 8.0 Crore for setting up the incubation center was submitted and presented at NITI AYOG, in January 2018. With this grant-in-aid, SMIT will be able to set up SMUTBI and also grow as one of the exclusive Technology and Business Incubator of North East. Presently the institute is working on planning for the registration and also complete the setting up of the Technology Business Incubation (TBI) as stipulated by NITI Ayog.
Awards and Achievements – Students
- Mr. Kunal Agarwal, final year student of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, SMIT, got placement in MICROSOFT with salary package of Rs.22.38 Lakhs per annum.
- Dr. Shivam Gupta, final year PG, Department of Medicine was awarded the Best Speaker for his platform presentation on “Predictors of Long Term Glycemic Control in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus at a Tertiary Care Hospital in Sikkim” during Manipal Student Research Colloquium (MSRC) 2018 held at SMIT, Sikkim.
- Four SMIT students’ companies registered under Government of India.