Sikkim Manipal University provides the best educational opportunity & full participation of differently-abled students. Sikkim Manipal University emphasizes the policy that no individual will be excluded from participating in any university program or activity.
We stand true to the commitment to non-discrimination for all persons in employment, access to facilities, student activities, and services.
SMU implements the following policies & measures for ensuring better facilities for Differently Abled individuals:
- Provide equal opportunities to differently-abled students in various programmes. There will be no discrimination of age, colour, physical ability, marital status, race, nationality, religion, and gender. The university & its constituent units will ensure that the differently-abled individual will have equal access to facilities, programmes, services & jobs.
- Opportunities for employment of differently-abled in SMU & its constituent unit.
- Enable and monitor the participation and progress of persons with disabilities.
- Assist in employment opportunities.
- Setup ICT tools for reading assistance, type to text tools, and allow faculty assist programs for persons with disabilities.
- Provide scribes for writing examinations. This will also include making information reasonably available in accessible formats.
- Enable support in creating an environment that is inclusive and helps nurture their professional growth.
- Assuring the confidentiality of information regarding students with disabilities.