MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
A. Scope for the Post Graduates
- Many exciting and rewarding opportunities exist for nursing professionals. They can specialize in areas such as pediatrics, OBG, mental health, medical-surgical nursing and community health nursing.
- With advanced education, they can become independent clinical specialists like nurse midwives or nurse practitioners. Nursing administration, nursing education and nursing research are the areas where nurses with Masters in nursing are having very attractive positions.
- There is further scope for higher education and research for PGs. After MSc. nursing one can attain M. Phil and Doctorate in Nursing.
- PGs have choices beyond hospital nursing. They can be:
- Government officials
B. Duration : 2 years
C. Total no. of seats : 25
D. Field of specialization & no. of seats : Total seat 25
1. MSc. Medical Surgical : 5 seat
2. MSc. Obstetrics & Gynaecology Nursing : 5 seat
3. MSc. Child Health (Paediatric) Nursing : 5 seat
4. MSc. Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing : 5 seat
5. MSc. Community Health Nursing : 5 seat
E. Eligibility Criteria for Admission in MSc. Nursing Programme
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic BSc. Nursing with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be given.
- The candidate should have undergone BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic BSc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- BSc. Nursing graduate should have minimum one year of experience in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council on the day of admission.
- Post Basic BSc. Nursing graduate should have minimum one year of work experience prior or after in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council on the day of admission.
- The candidate registered as “Registered Nurse”( & not Midwife) will not be eligible for specialization in “ Obstetrics & Gynaecology Nursing”
- Candidate shall be medically fit. The candidate, selected for admission in MSc. Nursing course shall have to submit a medical fitness certificate from a physician during the admission.
- Candidates who have obtained degree qualification of distance mode will not be eligible for admission
- The following criteria will be applied to foreign students seeking admission to MSc. Nursing course:
- Equivalency of the degree of the candidate is to be recognized/ validated by Indian Nursing Council
- The candidates must have no objection certificates from the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
F. Documents required for Admission in MSc. Nursing Programme
Following documents in original & two sets of attested photocopies are required to produce at the time of counselling/admission:
- Mark cards from 1st to Final year of BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic BSc. Nursing
- All Mark cards of GNM in case of PBBSc nursing
- Certificate of Registration as Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent
- Degree Certificate of BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic BSc. Nursing
- Experience certificate issued in institution letter head
- NOC of employer to be obtained on the office letter head for in-service candidate
- Mark sheet of class X & XII
- Proof of age/date of birth (10th standard certificate/birth certificate)
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Six copies of recent & identical passport size photograph
- SC/ST/OBC certificate for claiming relaxation of 5% marks in eligibility
- Domicile / PRC Certificate (for North East category)
- Medical fitness certificate
- Foreign students in addition to above require to submit
- Letter of equivalency of the degree by Indian Nursing Council
- No objection certificate from the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
G. Important Announcement
- Last date for receipt of duly filled application forms : 15,July, 2020
- Counseling/admission: August, 2020
- Classes to commence: September, 2020
H. Admission Procedure
- Admissions will be done on the inter-se merit of the candidates on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks secured in BSc Nursing/ PBBSc Nursing.
- During counselling eligible candidates will be allotted specialization of nursing according to
their rank and number of seats available. The choice of specialization made by the candidate
during counselling will be final and cannot be altered later.
- The physical presence of candidate at the time of counselling/admission is mandatory.
Submission of application form
Candidate can Apply Online
The online application feature is available 24/7
Online application is a two- step process :
- First purchase the online application by paying Rs. 1000/- online and on successful payment candidate will be provided with application number and password
- Then sign in using the application number and provided password to file online application
- While applying candidate need to keep ready scanned photo and signature to upload (.jpg format only with maximum file size 200KB, 200 px x 200 px).
All applications to reach on or before August, 2020.Applicants are advised to keep a photocopy of filled up application form
I. Fee Structure
(Amount in Rupees)
HOSTEL & MESS
Mess & Utility Charges : 88,000/-
*Provision of payment in two installments is available
Click Here for Fee details for Total 2 Years
J. Apply Online
Click Here to apply online
K. Apply Offline
Click Here for Offline Application 2020
K. Facilities in the Campus: Refer information provided under Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences/visit website: smcon.smu.edu.in.
L. Address for correspondence for all other queries:
Admission for Sikkim Manipal College of Nursing
5th Mile, Tadong, Gangtok-737102, Sikkim
Phone No. 8001360843
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal, Sikkim Manipal College of Nursing
5th Mile, Tadong, Gangtok 737102, Sikkim
Tel: 03592 – 232263, 09474356138 (Timings: 9 AM to 5 PM of working days)