MRIDULA DAS - PRINCIPAL, SMCON
Mridula Das is Professor & Principal at Sikkim Manipal College of Nursing, SMU.
- Administers student lifecycle from admission to graduation & placements
- Coordinates educational experiences, examination and assessment processes
- Participates in active teaching & mentoring students’ research projects
- Maintains high levels of quality assurance, including course evaluation and course approval procedure
- Mentors & provides support to an academic team of faculty members
- Organises continuing nursing education activities & constantly endeavours on career progression of faculty members
- Monitors and supervises staff/faculty members
- Serves committees including academic boards, academic senate, etc. as required
- Liaises with partner institutions, external agencies, government departments
- Organises and facilitates a variety of educational and social activities etc.
She completed Master’s of Nursing in Paediatric Nursing from Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing, Andrews Ganj, New Delhi, Delhi University in 1986
She has also done Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Honours) from West Bengal Govt. College of Nursing, SSKM Hospital Campus, Kolkata, Calcutta University in 1974.
She has been with the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi as Assistant Director General (Nursing), Nursing Adviser (Ad-hoc), Deputy Nursing Adviser and Nursing officer in the period between 4/4/1988 to 3/1/2006
She has also been involved with West Bengal Government College of Nursing, Government of West Bengal, Department of Health, Writers' Building, Kolkata, West Bengal and Purulia District Hospital, West Bengal, Government of West Bengal, Writers' Building, Kolkata, West Bengal as Clinical Instructor and Sister in Grade I (ii) respectively
She received the commemorative inscription for “Exemplary Contribution in Academic Program Implementation & Organisational Development” from Shri Narayan Murthy, Founder Chairman, Infosys on 24th November, 2008.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- “Professional problems encountered by the graduate nurses in working situation”, 1984-1986, Education, Conducted this study to identify those problems that have implications on curriculum revision and nursing services
- “Assessment of situation of public health nursing personnel in India for implementing reproductive and child health program”, Manpower development in health, To assess the public health nursing & midwifery situation in the country this study was collaborated with UNFPA
- “Evaluation of health & family welfare training institutions in India”, Education, Designed & co-ordinated this study to identify the status of health & family welfare training institutions in India
- “Evaluation study of functioning of ANM training schools in the country”, Education, This study was conducted to find out the status of training institutions & to bridge the gap
- “Expanding access: advancing the role of midlevel providers in nursing & midwifery care”, 2nd – 6th December 2001, Invited by Karolinska Institute Sweden
- "Evaluative report on the study tour program", December 1995, Invited by Government of India, Organised by WHO, SEARO, New Delhi
- “Family planning methods”, Nursing Journal of India, TNAI, Mridula Das, R Kalra
- “Evaluation study of functioning of ANM training schools in the country”, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Mridula Das, RS Gulati.