The Perspective plan (2018-2023) of Sikkim Manipal University is fundamentally based on Vision, Mission and Core values of the University.
Goal 1: Explore and introduce new programs based on local and global needs and provide more options for prospective learners.
- Programs in Humanities -B.Ed., BA (Economics)
- More PG programs in Medical: MS (Ortho), MS (Gen. Surgery), MS (Radio diagnosis)
- New programs in Engineering
- Establishment of Institute of Allied Health Sciences
- Introduce more distance education programs through technology adoption to reach out to more number of students to make them industry ready.
Goal 2: Enrich current programs with more value added courses
- Introduce NSDC skills programs
- Introduce Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
- Introduce UNESCO Bioethics course as part of Medical and Paramedical curriculum
Goal 3: Encourage technology adoption for admission, teaching learning and evaluation.
- Implement Student Life Cycle Management (SLcM)
- Automation of examination process and explore implementation of On Screen Marking (OSM) for evaluation
- Learning Management System (LMS) for Teaching Learning
Goal 4: Improve promotion pathways and strengthen faculty policies and processes, increase retention of faculty and bolster excellence in teaching, learning
- Faculty development programs
- Acquire quality talent with desired skills meeting requirement of Statutory Regulatory Authority (SRA).
- Development of employees on continues basis to enhance the skills and competencies in newer age requirements.
- Draw, adopt and evaluate a holistic engagement model integrating all the aspects of human capital requirement for deep engagement by adopting few Employee Value Proposition pillars to create a strong Employer Branding.
- Improve communication channels through technology adoption for effective and transparent communication.
- Motivate more employees to opt for SMILE program to shoulder higher responsibilities and grow within the organization.
- Formulate and conduct academic leadership conferences every year for best practices sharing and for resource mobilisation/fungibility to infuse new learning.
Goal 5: Upgrade infrastructure facilities
- Capacity upgradation of Central Referral Hospital (CRH)
- Additional hostel facility for students
- Dedicated river based water supply to SMIT campus
- Additional faculty quarters at SMIT
Goal 6: Foster new research collaborations that result in sustainable initiatives to increase research funding and expenditures, and other scholarly and creative activities.
- Increase seed money to promote research among young researchers.
- Promote industry partnership and consultancy for new research and development
- Additional resource mobilization by Consultancy projects, Research Grants from Govt and Non-Govt Organizations.
- Encourage student innovations through Technology Business Incubator (TBI).
Goal 7: Increase the impact of university research, scholarly and creative activities, including increasing sponsored research funding, publishing in peer-reviewed journals, creative works and national and international recognition.
- Encourage teachers to organize conferences/workshops/seminars
- Provide incentives to teachers for research initiatives.
- Awards and recognitions for teachers and researchers
Goal 8: Promote quality culture by certifications and accreditations
- NAAC Accreditation for the University
- NBA accreditation for Technical campus
- NABH accreditation for CRH
- ISO Certification for SMU constituent units
- Strengthen academic and financial audits