The M.Tech in Information Technology program at The Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology has been planned to provide the students with the requisite know-how for solving real life problems thereby enabling them to enter the world of opportunities.
PROGRAM OUTCOME (PO)
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and computer science/technology to analyze, evaluate, model and integrate technologies for the development of new computer system.
- Ability to generate optimized solution by formulating and implementing analytical tools for upcoming issues in the field of Information and communication Technologies.
- Ability to work on new problems through investigative studies and research and contribute to the development of technological knowledge and intellectual property.
- Ability to transfer technology efficiently on engineering needs within engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective technical reports, presentations and software tools.
- Ability to develop more secured and efficient algorithms to reach closer to every individual in the society using cloud technology.
- Demonstrate independent learning and scholarship by adopting research pursuits.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, including simulation and modelling for engineering needs.
- Understand contemporary issues in providing technology solutions for sustainable development considering impact on economic, social, political, and global issues and thereby contribute to the welfare of the society.
- Demonstrate integrity, ethical behaviour and commitment to code of conduct of professional practices and standards.
- Ability to apply the analytical and data processing knowledge for the development of technology oriented society.
- Ability to develop more automated and intelligent software systems.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- Develop an ability to apply advanced mathematical, scientific and computer science principles in order to identify, understand, evaluate and formulate solutions for different IT related engineering problems to meet industry and social needs.
- Ability to implement and understand the principles of advanced computer networks, signal processing, distributed systems for the next generation communication technologies.
- Ability to understand and develop the data representation methods and "intelligent" behavior in computers such as puzzle solving, game-playing, natural language processing, expert systems, and learning.
- Ability to develop more secured and trust oriented application to reach to end users.
COURSE OUTCOME, PROGRAM OUTCOME AND SYLLABUS