The Department of General Medicine at SMIMS teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students aiming to train physicians with theoretical knowledge and by imparting technical skills and behavioural attributes so that they can serve the society.
- Best-in-class infrastructure.
- Cardio logical facilities like ECG, Echocardiography TMT, Holter monitoring.
- Respiratory facilities like Spirometry and Bronchoscopy.
- Endoscopic procedures like UGIE, Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy along with facilities for biopsy, Sclerotherapy and variceal banding.
- Well-equipped Haemodialysis unit.
- Facilities for CAPD.
- Special dietary advice as required for the patients
- Public health awareness programs are organised on common ailments.
- Cardio logical facilities available.
- Respiratory clinic.
- Endoscopy facilities for both upper and lower GI - diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Holistic treatment including special dietary advice as required for the patients is given by dietician.
Department of Medicine offers holistic treatment for all types of diseases. Along with medical treatment offered by experienced and dedicated doctors, advice regarding life style modification like diet, exercise, yoga, quitting of alcohol and smoking etc are also imparted. The faculty are experienced in doing endoscopic procedures (both diagnostic and therapeutic), cardiological procedures (diagnostic and therapeutic), renal replacement therapy including CAPD and haemodialysis.
- Diabetes & Endocrinology Clinic
- Hypertension Clinic
- Liver and gastrointestinal Clinic
- COPD Clinic are held where special advice regarding the disease and free investigations related to the disease are provided on special days.
- Total Number of Projects: 28
- Number of Funded Projects: 11
- Number of Completed Projects: 17
- Number of Ongoing Projects: 11