Sikkim Manipal College of Physiotherapy (SMCPT) was established as a constituent college of Sikkim Manipal University offering Bachelor of Physiotherapy course program since 2001 and Master of Physiotherapy course program since 2009 onwards. The SMCPT is duly accredited by the Indian Association of Physiotherapists for both the course programs. The clinical department of physiotherapy is affiliated with Central Referral Hospital, a teaching hospital of Sikkim Manipal University.
- One of the first recognized college in the North-East India.
- Recognised by Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP) for both UG / PG course programs.
- Offering course programs in Physiotherapy for over a decade.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities.
- Competency based curriculum is offered.
- MoMA, GoI offers scholarships for the minority students of North Eastern states pursuing Physiotherapy at SMCPT.
- Very good placement record of students.
SMCPT has collaborated with the following institutions / organisations for clinical out-posting of PG students:
- SVNIRTAR, Cuttack, Orissa
- The Leprosy Mission Trust India, Naini, Allahabad
- Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences & American Church Trauma Centre. Kolkata
- Army Sports Institute, Pune
- Sports Authority of India, Kolkata
- GNDU, Amritsar/Punjab Armed Police, Jalandhar
- Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Cerebral palsy, Kolkata
- HCRA, Kalkaji Branch, New Delhi
- KMC, Manipal
CORE FUNCTIONAL AREAS
- Cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation
- Manual therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Womens’ Health