The Sikkim Manipal College of Nursing (SMCON) was established in 2001 and offers BSc Nursing and PBBSc Nursing programs. The programs are directed to upgrade the critical thinking skills, competencies and standards required for practice of professional nursing and midwifery. Both the programs are recognised by the Indian Nursing Council and State Nursing Council, the Regulatory authorities for Nursing Education in India. The degree is awarded by the Sikkim Manipal University.The college has-state-of-the art laboratories and provides excellent facilities for clinical practice.
- Recognised by State and Indian Nursing council as well as approved by Government of Sikkim.
- Focusses on nursing excellence i.e. clinical expertise, constant facility development, quality management and professionalism.
- Equipped with modern educational system and uses problem solving approach in teaching.
- Best-in-class infrastructure facilities.
- Designs INC curriculum to facilitate students in pursuing higher education in India and abroad.
- SMCON/SMU is a part of Manipal Education and Medical Group - operates four universities and more than 30 professional colleges in India and overseas.
- Graduates can be nurse clinician, nurse educator, nurse administrator or nurse researcher.
- Graduates can work in government organisation, non-government organisation, educational institution, community setting, army nursing, navy nursing, railway nursing and school health nursing.
- They can serve in the capacity of a staff nurse, sister and/or a supervisor in the branches of Medical Nursing, Surgical Nursing, and OT.
- Graduates can also serve in Critical Care Nursing, Cardiothoracic Nursing, Neurological Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing and in Gynaecology, Maternity and Obstetrical Nursing in hospital set up.
- Community Health Nursing plays an extremely significant role in working for health and in implementing the national health programs, especially in MCH and FW programs.