Department of Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Anand Prakash Tiwary teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students of Mechanical Engineering.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Total Quality Management||ME1736||7|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MTech||Energy Technology||Tezpur University||2006|
|BTech||Mechanical Engineering||NERIST, Itanagar||2001|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|SMIT||Professor||November 2016 to till date|
|SMIT||Reader/ Associate Professor||September 2009 to November 2016|
|SMIT||Senior Lecturer||July 2008 – August 2009|
|SMIT||Lecturer||24 January 2006-July 2008|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Non Traditional Machining, Energy Management, Rural Energy, Rural Technology
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series C
2. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering
3. Materials Science and Technology
1. Session Chair in 1st Springer International Conference on Emerging Trends and Advances in Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy, December, 17-18, 2016, SMIT, Sikkim, India.
2. Session Chair in International Conference on Mechanical Materials and Renewable Energy (ICMMRE - 2017), December, 8-10, 2017, SMIT, Sikkim India.
3. Session Chair in Manipal Student Research Colloquium (MSRC-2018), March, 15-16 2018, SMIT, Sikkim, India.
1. Received Team Excellence Award in acknowledgement of service to Sikkim Manipal University during SMU Pride Awards function on 15 Nov 2018.
2. Received the Certificate of Exemplary Contribution for the exemplary work relating to Academic Programme Implementation & Product Research (NIF Project) from Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences on 24th November 2008.
3. One of the Judges in panel during Bee Fest-2012, Organized by Sikkim Express, Gangtok, September 29 – October 1, 2012.
4. External Examiner in College of Agricultural Engineering and Post-Harvest Technology, Ranipool, Sikkim (Central Agricultural University, Imphal).
5. Received the certificate of appreciation from Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series C for rendering the service in maintaining the good standard of the Journal on 16 September 2014.
6. Permanent member of standing Screening cum Evaluation committee for promotion/ up gradation/ of lecturer/ HoD/ Principal of all the polytechnics in the state of Sikkim since 2015.
Resource Person in Seminar/ Workshops
1. “Innovation: The Key to Entrepreneurship” Women Entrepreneurship Development Programme, Organized by Dept. of Management Studies, SMIT, sponsored by NSTEDB, DST, Govt. of India, 14th January 2012.
2. “Configuration Development Through Intellectual Property Rights
& Incubation” Sensitiveness cum Awareness Program on “ NMCP- Components” TEQUP/Product Certification/ Marketing Assistances- Trade Fairs-Exhibitions/ Lean Manufacturing & Competitive Reimbursements Scheme of ISO-9001/14001/18000/22000/27000/HACCP & Bar Code-Implementations Perspectives for MSME Sector in Sikkim, organized by MSME Development Institute, 9th March 2011.
3. “Legal Dimensions of Design Act in India” Awareness programme on Intellectual Property Rights, organized by MSME Development Institute in Collaboration with State Council of Science & Technology, Govt. of Sikkim, 23rd February 2011.
4. “Incubation of Innovations into Enterprise: Experience of GIAN” An Awareness Programme on Incubators, organized by Dept. of Management Studies, SMIT, sponsored by MSME, Gangtok, 17th February 2010.
5. “7 Quality Control Tools” Capacity Building Awareness Programme on 7 QC Tools for MSME sector in Sikkim, sponsored by Consultancy Development Centre, New Delhi in consultation with Sikkim Consultancy Centre, Gangtok, SMIT, 21st December 2009.
6. “Grassroots Innovation and Incubation Process”, Executive Development Programme for Civil Officers, SMIT, Sikkim, 26th November 2009.
7. Delivered a lecture to the final year students in a Rope out programme at Centre for Computers and Communication Technology (CCCT), Chisopani, South Sikkim, 21st May 2009.
8. “Patent Search for Research & Development”, Entrepreneurship Development Programme, Centre for Computers and Communication Technology (CCCT), Chisopani, South Sikkim, 10th March 2009.
9. “Innovations and Intellectual Property Rights”, Entrepreneurship Development Programme, Centre for Computers and Communication Technology (CCCT), Chisopani, South Sikkim, 10th March 2009.
10. “Innovation and Entrepreneurship”, Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaigns, EDC, SMIT, Sikkim.
11. “Grassroots Innovation and Incubation Process”, Executive Development Programme for Civil Officers, SMIT, Sikkim, 23rd September 2008.
12. “Energy Scene in the Country: Why Energy Management? SIDBI sponsored workshop on Skill-cum-Technology Up-gradation Programme on Environmental Management, SMIT, Sikkim, 11th March 2008.
13. “Energy Conservation-What, Why and How?”, Workshop on Energy Conservation and Waste Minimization & Cleaner Production, organized by Small Industries Service Institute, Govt. of India, SMIT, 14th February 2007.
14. “Grassroots innovations and its relevance to the requirement of the society” Guest Lecture at Thiagrajar College of Engineering, Madurai, Tamilnadu, 13th January 2004
15. “Translating Ideas in to Products and Patents: Key Challenges”, ISTE sponsored short Term Training programme on ‘Translating Ideas in to Products and Patents’, NERIST, Itanagar, 17th - 28th February 2003.
16. “Translating Ideas in to Products: Case studies”, ISTE - AICTE Short Term Winter School on ‘Mechanical Engineering Design: Concurrent Engineering Approach’, NERIST, Itanagar, 2nd - 13th December 2002.
17. “Translating Ideas in to Products”, ISTE - AICTE Short Term Winter School on ‘Mechanical Engineering Design: Concurrent Engineering Approach’, NERIST, Itanagar, 2nd - 13th December 2002.
1. Co-convener of the Organizing committee of International Conference on Mechanical Materials and Renewable Energy (ICMMRE - 2017), December, 8-10, 2017, SMIT, Sikkim India.
2. Member of the Organizing committee of North East Workshop on SQC & Six Sigma Practices, SMIT, November 21-23, 2016.
3. Member of the Organizing committee of National Conference on Advances in Fluid Flow and Thermal Science, NERIST, Itanagar, March 20-22, 2015.
4. Member of the Organizing committee of International Symposium on Devices MEMS, Intelligent Systems & Communication, SMIT, Sikkim, April 12-14, 2011.
5. Member of the Organizing committee of International Society of Biotechnology Conference, SMIT, Sikkim December 28-30, 2008.
6. Member of the Organizing committee of International Conference on Sustainable Regional Development: Status, Challenges, Vision- From the Perspective of North East India, February, 22-24, 2007, SMIT, Sikkim.
7. Committee Member of 14th National Children’s Science Congress-2006, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, December, 27-31, 2006.