The Department of Dermatology at SMIMS was established in 1991 and deals with Venereology which is the study of sexually transmitted diseases and Leprology.
- Sophisticated equipment like LASER has been installed.
- World class infrastructure
- Cosmetology is practiced
- LASER for tattoo removal and skin resurfacing and hair removal.
- Cosmetology like chemical peeling and Dermato Surgery.
- Dermatology department of CRH has its special sections of cosmetology and dermatosurgery which deal with various cosmatological procedures like chemical peeling, use of dermabration and dermato surgergical procedures by the use of electrosurgery, radiofrequency. Apart from this the department is also fully engaged in treatment of various dermatological illnesses both on Outpatient and Inpatient basis.
- Department is fully upgraded for the last two years by providing special equipments like LASER, Phototherapy unit ,Dermabration and other additional equipments for Electrosurgery and Radiofrequency.
- Charges for treamnets are almost negligible in comparision with that of the other private organisations elsewhere in the country.
- Three fold increase in the number of OPD attendance in dermatology department.
- Academic activities like clinical teaching , theory classes, problem base learning etc., to the MBBS Students, physiotherapy students and BSc nursing students and seminars and case discussion are regularly held in the department.