Department of Humanities and Social Sciences | SMU
Teaching and Mentoring
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Communicative English||BA1204/ BC1201||Second/ First|
|Prose: Short Stories from the West (English Honours)||BA1105||First|
|General English||BA1301/BC1301||Second/ Third|
|Prose- the Novel (English Honours)||BA1305||Second/ Third|
|Drama and Theatre: Evolution, Elements and Genres||BA1406||Second/ Fourth|
|Literary Forms and Major Literary Texts||BE1604||Third/Sixth|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|HSLC (X)||Gameri High School (Board of Secondary Education, Assam )||1990|
|HSSLC (XII)||Biswanath College (Assam Higher Secondary Education Council)||1992|
|B.A||English||Darrang College (Gauhati University)||1995|
|M.A.||English (Language & Linguistics)||Gauhati University (Gauhati University)||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Namchi Government College, Namchi, South Sikkim||Assistant Professor||Teaching||15 Years|
|Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, Sikkim Manipal University||Assistant Professor II||Teaching||October, 2017 till date|
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
· Participated in a National Seminar on Women Empowerment with Special Reference to Sikkim at Namchi Government College sponsored by Sikkim University in August, 2008.
· Participated in an Education Survey Annual Status of Education Survey (ASER) in 2014.
· Participated as a Rapporteur in a National Seminar themed Society and Culture in Eastern Himalayas with Special Reference to Sikkim: Challenges and Prospects at Namchi Government College in October, 2015.
· Participated in a State Level Seminar on Environment and Development: Issues of Climate Change at Namchi Government College in May, 2016.
· Participated in Global Summit on Quality Higher Education organised by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in collaboration with Asia- Pacific Quality Network at Bengaluru in September, 2016.
· Participated as an Organising Member in a National Seminar themed Changing Role of Women in Post-Independent Indian Society sponsored by RUSA at Namchi Government College in November, 2016.
· Participated as an Organising Member in a Seven Day National Workshop on Environmental Ethics and Responsible Development in Eastern Himalayas: Need for Reconciliation sponsored by RUSA at Namchi Government College from 19th April to 26th April, 2017.