M.Sc. (Human Anatomy)
The M.Sc. Degree course is a three year programme (6 semesters of 6 months each) consisting of classroom teaching, self study, seminars, research project (dissertation) and practical demonstration classes.
|Course conducted by||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS)|
|Campus||Sikkim Manipal University, Tadong, Gangtok|
|Fees (Indicative)||Rs. xxxxxxxxx.xx|
|Course Commences on||1st week of September 2011|
|Course duration||3 Yrs|
|Number of Seats||6|
|Last Date of Application||30 July 2012|
Candidate must have passed a 3 years B.Sc. course in any branch of Life Sciences i.e. Physiology, Zoology, Botany, Microbiology and Chemistry. General category candidate must have secured minimum 55% and the reserved category (SC/ST) candidate must have secured 50% in aggregate, in life Sciences subjects in B.Sc.
Documents required to be submitted with application form (under this category) are:
- Proof of NRI status in case candidate is NRI (Scanned copy of Passport only)
- Sponsorship by NRI if sponsored, with scanned copy of passport of the sponsor. A format of sponsorship letter is given below.
- Proof of residence of NRI/sponsor
- Application by candidate in plain paper/printed application form either downloaded from our website or as available with the prospectus
- Copy of mark sheet of qualifying examination
- Candidates qualifying from foreign schools/universities/institutions, equivalent marks to be obtained by the candidate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- A demand draft for a sum of Rs. 1,500 (Cost of brochure + examination fees Rs.1000) in favour of SMU, payable at Gangtok
Submission of Application Forms
Please read the instructions very carefully before filling the application form. Completed application form along with the copies of necessary documents in support of your claim should be dispatched to :
Hospital: Presently the Central Referral Hospital has 500 beds. It is a nine storeyed building with a floor space of more than 3,00,000 sq. ft. The hospital has 21 specialties, 8 operation theatres and state-of-the-art medical equipment.
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms||30 July 2011|
|Counseling and Admission||16 August 2011|
|Classes to commence||1st week of September 2011|
Admission is strictly based on merit (marks obtained in life sciences subjects namely Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology in B.Sc Part I, II and III (where applicable). Those appearing in B.Sc Final Part-II or III (where applicable) should send a copy of a final marks sheet as soon as the result are declared by fax or any other mode but not later than 15th August 2011. While enclosing marks sheet of Part I, II and III the applicant should ensure that the reverse of the original marks sheet is also copied and sent.
Mode of Payment
The fee should be remitted by a demand draft in favour of “ Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences” payable at Gangtok.
For NRI/Foreign students, fees are to be paid in US Dollar demand draft on account of tuition fee as per the fee structure in favour of “Sikkim Manipal University” payable at Gangtok, India drawn from outside India, out of the account of sponsor. The clearing charges are to be born by the student in case of the instrument gets clear from outside India.
The payment can also be made in INR (Indian Rupees) provided that draft is made only from NRE (Non Resident External) account of sponsor with a certificate from the issuing bank. The conversional rate will be intimated through the counseling letter.
This fee can also be paid through SWIFT transfer from outside India. In such cases, the sender is to bear the transaction charges and the sender is also to provide the copies of proof of money transfer for follow-up and records. The payment instruction for SWIFT transfer is as follows:
- For credit to : Axis Bank Ltd. Nostro Account No. 0011407376
- Beneficiary’s Name: Sikkim Manipal University.
- Beneficiary’s Address : 5th Mile Tadong Gangtok, Sikkim, 737102 ,India
- Beneficiary’s Account No: 112010200001342
- Beneficiary’s Bank: Axis Bank Ltd. Gangtok Branch, India
- Beneficiary’s Bank Swift Code: AXISINBB035
(The word “OUR” is to be mentioned in Field No; 71 of the Swift transfer form)
Schedule of Payment of Fees
For the second academic year, all the qualified candidates have to pay tuition and other fees within one month from the date of declaration of 1st year results. For the third/fourth/fifth academic year, form third year onwards, tuition and other fees have to be paid by 31st of July of each year respectively.
- A bank guarantee will have to be furnished to pay 100% tuition fees for the balance duration of the course in case of withdrawal of original certificates from the Institution.
- Delayed payment of fees will attract a modest fine of 0.5% p.m in the first month, 1% in the second and third month, and 2% for more than 3 months.